Your First Visit/Consultation
At the first visit to the orthodontist, Dr. Weller will perform a thorough exam. Any treatment recommendations will be discussed in detail, including the cost for your particular case. If treatment is recommended, you will usually have the option of completing diagnostic records at this visit. These are used to fully plan your case and include: medical/dental history, clinical examination, plaster study models of the teeth, photos of the patient's face and teeth, and digital X-rays. This information is used to develop a custom treatment plan for each patient.
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes from one to two hours. You'll then see us at regular intervals 4 to 8 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes 20 to 40 minutes. Our regular office hours are Monday to Wednesday from 7:40 am to 5:00 pm with lunch from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm and on Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately. Cancel only if it is an emergency. It is difficult to reschedule you since most appointments are made 4 to 8 weeks in advance.
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient's problem. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have payment plans to suit different budgets. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by VISA and MASTERCARD.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available. Please bring your insurance card or information with you for your initial exam. We can also accept most insurance plans and we will file the necessary papers to the insurance company.
Does your orthodontic insurance plan have a list of preferred providers?
- Our office does not have to be on your preferred provider list for you to receive your full insurance benefits.
- To make sure, we will check on insurance coverage prior to starting treatment so that you know up front how much benefit you can expect from your carrier.